Monday, December 20, 2004

"8"

No matter how hard they tried to stop him he kept on coming. That is why I think we will see that big red chevy Bud machine sitting in the winners circle with the Nextel/Sprint/Summers Eve/Kotex Cup or what ever it will be called, in the near future. JR. had one hell of a year in 04 and I bet 05 will be even better. Even with a total of 50 points deducted he still finished 5th in the series. I was fortunate enough this year, thanks to my beutiful wife, to be sitting in the Tri-Oval Tower at Dega this year for the Aarons 500. I was able to witness not one but two of the best races possible. The sat. Busch Race where Jr. was pushing Truex around the track and to Victory Lane, not only for the race but the season. It was spectacular, Jr.'s hood pins was under Truex's bumper. And then on Sunday with Jr. passing cars like they were sitting still. Once he passed two cars in turns one and two, the first on the outside and the second on the inside (I guess those cross matched tires Harry used worked). All you could hear was cheers, even from Gordon fans. Even though Jr. lost the race it was wonderful. Until everyone starting throwing beer cans on the track. I honestly believe that if you take someone who cant stand NASCAR to one race they will be hooked for good. It is more addictive than heroin. I shall be back to see more races in person, one way or another. I cannot wait for Feb 05-the Daytona 500-the Holy Grail of NASCAR. I surely hope to see that Bud chevy in victory lane, but we will have to see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home